Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Introduction

I have wanted to start this blog for quite some time now... so I figured, today is the day!

My goal in writing this is to be a voice in the Down Syndrome community, sharing our family's unique story. Our Daughter Brianna Rose with diagnosed with Down Syndrome at just 12 weeks of gestation and the outlook we were given was grim. I wish someone would have told me then how amazing life could still be! I hope that perhaps this blog can bring hope to families receiving the diagnosis of Down Syndrome or other non-typical life situations.

I also hope this blog will bring to light that each baby is a baby, period. Each baby deserves to be loved unconditionally and cherished for his/her unique qualities. Because it was determined that my daughter had an extra 21st chromosome, many (medical professionals - and shockingly, a few of our closest friends and family members) recommended abortion. Had we listened to those naysayers, we would be missing out on the single most happiest part of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment